As mentioned in a recent post, I had several blogs that were infected with HTML Iframe virus. I really not sure how it happened but it reinforces the point that you NEED A BACKUP STRATEGY if you work / make your living online.
Here are Five Simple Things you can do to backup your WordPress blogs
1) Install WP – Database backup plugin. They are always improving this so its Highly Recommended. A must for a wordpress blog. –> Download WP- database backup plugin here
2) Use a database backup script – You want to use this one –> http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/
3) Once a monthly do a complete Cpanel backup – It looks something like this.
4) Once you download that Cpanel backup – Install a service like Mozy.com to backup your cpanel backup. Its a bit redundant but Mozy is a great service and cheaper that Amazon S3 for me as I have backed up 42 Gigs for $5 / month.
5) This may not be as simple but if you have two hosting accounts – you can rsync the data to another machine (including the output from number two above Automysqlbackup.) See related posts below for information on how to backup with rsync.
This may sound like overkill but you’ll sleep better knowing that you have a backup strategy for your digital life. Without a backup plan you could EASILY lose MONTHS OF WORK!!
Any other suggestions ?